"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
- Arnold Lobel


ABOUT

Every Tuesday is Book Review Day, where I review and recommend a children's book.

Every Wednesday is Wise Owl Wednesday, where you can butter up your brain with some children's literature facts - history, milestones, trivia ... stop by here to learn a little something about the amazing world of books for the young!

Every Thursday is Literacy Tip Day, where I offer literacy suggestions for your children based upon my teaching and parenting experience.



Keep cozy this fall with a good book!

01 September 2010

Book Review #16 :: My Mother is So Smart!

My Mother Is So Smart

My Mother is So Smart!
by Tomie dePaola
Published by  G.P. Putnam's Sons, a division of Penguin Young Readers Group
Copyright 2010


"I knew from the time I was really little that my mother was smart.  She always knew when to change my diaper.  She always knew I was hungry before I cried."


Publisher's Summary:  Moms are pretty awesome.  They know just what to do to make a kid happy and the world a better place.  They are so smart! Tomie dePaola's heartfelt ode to the fabulousness of moms is a perfect book for the whole family to share.

Mary Elizabeth's Musings:  How can anyone go wrong with a book by the simply marvelous Tomie dePaola??? This lovely book is no exception to Mr. dePaola's gift to the world of literature.  Written from the absolutely unadulterated perspective of a little boy, this book reveals the many ways that mothers are able to know every last need of her child.  Mr. dePaola's simple, yet always effective prose gives us a glimpse into the genius of his wonderful mother. 

A message of warning to all mothers:  Grab a tissue before reading this book ... you will cry!!!

I recommend this book for ages 3-8 years.


Other books by this author:

26 Fairmount Avenue (Newbery Honor Book, 2000)Tomie DePaola's Mother GooseStrega NonaThe Art Lesson (Paperstar Book)The Cloud BookThe Knight and the Dragon (Paperstar Book)



 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails