"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
- Arnold Lobel


ABOUT

Every Tuesday is Book Review Day, where I review and recommend a children's book.

Every Wednesday is Wise Owl Wednesday, where you can butter up your brain with some children's literature facts - history, milestones, trivia ... stop by here to learn a little something about the amazing world of books for the young!

Every Thursday is Literacy Tip Day, where I offer literacy suggestions for your children based upon my teaching and parenting experience.



Keep cozy this fall with a good book!

06 May 2010

Literacy Tip #3 - Take 'Em to the Library!!!


Never underestimate the power of your local library.

What could possibly be a better place to encourage your children's love of reading than the library? Where else can your little sweethearts pick as many books as their hearts desire to take home??? (And bonus for you, Mom, for being eco-friendly - book sharing is so green!) 

Libraries are not only rich with literature, but they exist to build a solid foundation for reading.  They abound with reading programs and story hours, especially during the summer.  Take advantage of it!!!

I took my little ones to the library yesterday, and they simply loved picking book after book to throw in the basket for check-out.  When we returned home, the first thing they did was sit down amidst a sea of books and READ, READ, READ

I don't know if I love to see anything more than my children hungrily lapping up literature.

Visit your local library often to support your children's literary growth.  You'll be glad you did, trust me!!

P/S...I just had to share an awesome site I discovered! Here's the link:  There's a Book.  It is a wonderful site filled with children's literature, recommendations, and giveaways.  Plus, it is a gorgeous site! Enjoy!



3 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

The library is such a fantastic place to take children, especially when they have a great children's section! Ours has great big silly benches and a huge carpet for the kiddos to sit during story time. Such a great place!

By the way...thank you so much for the mention! I'm so glad to have found your site as well! :o)

Mary Elizabeth said...

You are very welcome for the mention of your darling site - it is wonderful! I just had to pass it on to others!!!
Libraries are great places, aren't they? Ours has an incredible children's section as well - my little ones love it! Makes me smile!

Paige Baker said...

Love your blog! Reading is so important!

Related Posts with Thumbnails