"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
- Arnold Lobel


ABOUT

Every Tuesday is Book Review Day, where I review and recommend a children's book.

Every Wednesday is Wise Owl Wednesday, where you can butter up your brain with some children's literature facts - history, milestones, trivia ... stop by here to learn a little something about the amazing world of books for the young!

Every Thursday is Literacy Tip Day, where I offer literacy suggestions for your children based upon my teaching and parenting experience.



Keep cozy this fall with a good book!

18 June 2010

Mystery Friend Friday - Meet Brandon Mull!

This Friday's Mystery Friend is none other than Brandon Mull, author of the incredibly popular fantasy series, Fablehaven.

FablehavenRise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven)Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven)Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven)Fablehaven, Book 5:Keys to the Demon Prison


Mr. Mull is also the author of The Candy Shop War and Pingo...have you read these books yet?

The Candy Shop WarPingo


Be sure to visit Mr. Mull's magical website to find out all about this exciting author, a father of three children, who says that he always secretly wanted to write books! Well, now he's doing that fabulously, isn't he?

His enchanting website invites readers to explore the Fablehaven preserve, learn all about his work, and follow his upcoming book releases and tours.  He even offers his book recommendations!! Wow!! Check it out!!

**For the comments section :: Have you or your children read the Fablehaven series? If so, what did you think of it?**


3 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

My sister and I have read a few of the books in the series and we loved it! I love how the kids get thrown into a magical world and I love the idea of the magical creature preserve. I think it's a great series. (My son is only 3 so he hasn't them yet...and as a teacher I haven't had any students read it...)

The1stdaughter said...

I actually haven't read these yet. Although, my mother-in-law has probably re-read them at least 3 or 4 times and is begging me to now. So, I'm sure sometime very soon I will be picking them up. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know about the other titles though, so I'm going to have to suggest those to her. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails