"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
- Arnold Lobel


ABOUT

Every Tuesday is Book Review Day, where I review and recommend a children's book.

Every Wednesday is Wise Owl Wednesday, where you can butter up your brain with some children's literature facts - history, milestones, trivia ... stop by here to learn a little something about the amazing world of books for the young!

Every Thursday is Literacy Tip Day, where I offer literacy suggestions for your children based upon my teaching and parenting experience.



Keep cozy this fall with a good book!

21 June 2010

It's Monday...What Are You Reading?



It's Monday again...and time for a round-up of what we're all reading! Thank you, Sheila, over at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books for hosting this great link party!!!


My pile of books grows and grows...


From My Mailbox for Review:

Green Pieces: Green From the Pond Up - A Cartoon Collection








Making a Family Home










Fearless: The 7 Principles of Peace of Mind



Children's Novel I Just Finished:

The Seer of Shadows

Awesome read - upcoming review!!!



Next Children's Novel to Read:

The Mysterious Benedict Society











Some of What I've Been Reading With My Children:

A Place for BirdsA Place for FrogsThe Fathers Are Coming HomeWe Planted a TreeTrainstopInsect DetectiveGarbage Helps Our Garden Grow: A Compost StoryEvery FridayParis in the Spring with PicassoThe Red Scarf



** Clue #1 for Mystery Friend Friday :: Leaf Man :: **

4 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Looks like you got a lot! The Mysterious Benedict Society is good!

Monday Morning Update 49

Jess said...

I have been wanting to read The Mysterious Bendict Society for a while now, just haven't got around to it -- hope you enjoy it!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Seer of Shadows looks wonderful and I dont want to miss out on your review! :)

Jen Vincent said...

I tried The Mysterious Benedict Society once and just couldn't get into it...but it looks cool. You have to share what you think!

I just finished How to Steal a Dog by O'Connor and am a little ways into The Help by Stockett. :)

I have an award for you over at my blog! www.teachmentortexts.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails