"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
- Arnold Lobel


ABOUT

Every Tuesday is Book Review Day, where I review and recommend a children's book.

Every Wednesday is Wise Owl Wednesday, where you can butter up your brain with some children's literature facts - history, milestones, trivia ... stop by here to learn a little something about the amazing world of books for the young!

Every Thursday is Literacy Tip Day, where I offer literacy suggestions for your children based upon my teaching and parenting experience.



Keep cozy this fall with a good book!

08 June 2010

Book Review #9 - Who Will Haunt My House on Halloween? and Giveaway Winner!

Who Will Haunt My House on Halloween?
Written by Jerry Pallotta
Illustrated by David Biedrzycki
Published by Scholastic, Inc.
Copyright 2007

"It's Halloween! I'm scared! I wonder who will haunt my house tonight?"

Summary:  A sweet little girl has an eventful night answering her door as the trick-or-treaters arrive...and she's receiving some scary visitors, such as werewolves, zombies, and witches! Yikes!

Mary Elizabeth's Musings:  This is definitely an enjoyable book to celebrate Halloween with your little, little ones! With easy prose to capture the attention of the very young, and stunning, colorful illustrations, you will find your children reaching for this book again and again for some frightful delights! The illustrations really make this book shine, due to their amazing, life-like images at the hand of David Biedrzycki.  I would recommend this book for ages 1 1/2 - 5 years old.


And now, for the winner of my giveaway of Avi's Murder at Midnight!!!!

Congrats to Christina, a mom who blogs at Just a Mom, Reading to My Kids!!! She is the winner! Please check out her blog - it's fantastic!
Thank you to everyone who participated in this giveaway...I will have another one very soon!

Finally, here is Clue #2 for Mystery Friend Friday:  Check the sky.  It's raining(In case you may or may not have noticed, my clues are a play on words associated with the mystery author or illustrator! Just an FYI!)

I'm off to do a little reading of my own now...


1 comment:

Christina said...

Thank you so much. I'm really excited, I haven't read the book and I love a new book. And thanks for the praise about my blog, I love this new blogging world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails